450 Long Road, East Berne is over 100 acres of farmland ideal for pasture grazing livestock a lovely place to live Your chance to own a working farm!
450 Long Road
Unique opportunity to have the farm of your dreams! With over 100 acres of pastures perfect for grazing livestock, the property features a comfortably appointed custom modular. Included are a 2007 Morton barn (36 x 60) with 4-6 stalls, 6 paddocks, storage & additional sheds; the original 1800s farmhouse with so much potential and more! Breathtaking views, outdoor recreation, many conveniences near by, only 30 minutes to Albany and various markets. Agricultural exemption keeps taxes low. Operating as a farm; appointment required, no drop-ins.Photo Gallery
Whether you are a seasoned farmer looking for a new opportunity or have always dreamed of working the land, you don’t want to miss this opportunity! Currently hosting a holistically managed and diverse farm employing sustainable agricultural practices, this property has great organic potential if desired. It’s an excellent location for a grass-based grazing operation, whether it be cow, sheep, alpaca, llama, goat, turkey, geese, duck, hens and guineas. Located in one of the few remaining agricultural areas, this is a rural, country farm and will be sold as a farm.
Coming home at the end of a hard day working the land, you will find the house to be well appointed and very comfortably designed. Large southern facing windows ensure the house is bright and cheery all day (with the added benefit of providing passive solar heat) and an open kitchen/ family room is perfect for how we live today. The kitchen features a large island with storage and an electrical outlet, custom maple cabinets, oversized farm sink, 5 burner professional range (liquid propane) with griddle, convection oven and warming drawer, a newer dishwasher, a 2016 French door refrigerator, full extension drawers, pantry cabinet, and recessed lighting. The family room features a Yotel “Castine” wood stove, which does a great job heating the home. Off the kitchen is a convenient laundry room/mud room with cabinets and a deep utility sink. Additionally there is a formal living room with a lovely oversized picture window. A full bathroom in the hallway features a custom oak cabinet. The master suite features a walk-in closet, large windows, and a full bath complete with a roomy shower, large mirrors, maple cabinets and a garden tub. The walk-out basement is great for added storage and there's an area that can be used as a root cellar to store homegrown vegetables. The house is heated by a propane furnace with humidifier and is ready for AC if desired.
Spend your leisure time walking the property (some trails have been completed), snow-shoeing, horseback riding, cross country skiing, sleighing. Wake up to gorgeous sunrises and enjoy your morning coffee while breathing in the fresh Hilltown air and listening to your animals grazing. While the farm setting feels remote, you are actually quite close to so many amenities and conveniences. Several area lakes are nearby as are a hardware store, feed stores, restaurants, post office, transfer station, school and town library. The Cornell Cooperative Extension and all its resources is nearby as well.
Don’t miss the chance to own and farm this special and unique property!
Included in sale:
- 3 bedroom/ 2 bath custom modular ranch built in 2010
- Morton barn 36 x 60, built in 2007 comes with
- 4 stalls with Priefert stall fronts, 2 more with rubber mats
- removable walls for foaling/calving
- Two large pens, could also be converted to 4 additional stalls
- Storage room, tack and feed areas
- Attached full- length run-in shed
- 6 paddocks, 2 with sheds
- Additional shed across the road
- Original 1800s farmhouse - great potential for renovating and repurposing (B&B, farm store, classes and events, etc)
- Drilled well, 136’ deep with 20 gal/min water - servicing house and barns
- Additional 400’ deep drilled well with 4 gals/min approved for use in pasture water system
- Private septic system
- Two dug wells on property
- Shed at street for “store”
- Perimeter and divisional high tensile fencing on 3 pasture areas, funded through EQIP grant.
- Funds available for installation of approved water distribution to pasture areas transferable to new farm owner.
More information on the land:
- 1600’ frontage, with property on both sides of the road
- Well drained soil, good PH, seed bank more than sufficient
- Currently used for pasturing two cows, sheep, horses, chickens and for hay
- Pasture reclamation with planned intensive rotational grazing
- Some land wooded, some tilled/tillable
- Sites for ponds
- Foxenkill Creek on the southern line, 3 seasonal streams and springs
- 1700s private cemetery on property
- Older apple trees including Macintosh, Yellow Delicious, the rare Northern Spy, Sheep's Nose and a small Red Delicious variety. Also a plum tree, pear tree and peach tree, and naturalizing elderberry bushes.
- Horticultural zone 4/5
- Located in Albany County Agricultural District
- Current agricultural exemption reduces the combined taxes to approximately $5400
|Lot Size:||over 100 acres|
|Heating system/fuel:||Hot air/wood stove wood and liquid propane|
|Sewer and water:||Well and septic|
|Amenities:||Full walk-out basement, wood stove, sliding glass door, wall to wall carpeting, walk-in closets, paddle fans, cable hook-up, high speed internet, master suite|
|Appliances:||Range w/oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, convention oven, microwave, washer and dryer|
|Exterior features:||See detailed property description|
|Taxes:||$5390 w ag. exemption|
|School District:||Berne Knox Westerlo|